Cloudy CURRENTLY: 49 °F High: 83 °F Low: 48 °F

No profile provided.

Spokane Metro Magazine

Every great metropolitan city has one.  It's chic, it's cool and it represents the city to visitors and locals alike.  I'm not talking about a high-class restaurant or a trendy boutique.  I'm talking about a quality lifestyle magazine.  Seattle boasts Seattle Metropolitan.  Portland touts Portland Monthly.  But what about Spokane?

Up until this past August, Spokane was like Cinderella, waiting for a magazine to sweep it off of its feet.  Countless suitors (who'll remain nameless) have come and gone, trying valiantly, yet unsuccessfully to win Spokane's love.  But in the end they were like a too small shoe - they just didn't fit.

And then along came Spokane Metro (www.spokanemetromag.com).  If a magazine could ride in on a white horse, it would have.  But for the sake of this blog we'll pretend its publishers rode in on a white horse - all three on the same horse of course - and stole Spokane's heart with their smart, stylish and sophisticated rag about Spokane city living.

Great photography and fantastic writing set Spokane Metro apart as it informs readers about the latest and greatest going down in Spokane.  Looking to find who the movers and shakers are?  Open up Metro.  Want to get the inside scoop on where to live, play and do business.  Open up Metro.  If you haven't subscribed yet, you should - right now!

Have you read Spokane Metro?  What did you think of it?

2,777 views

7 Comments:

Anyone can put out a pretty magazine, but it takes the support of advertisers to continue to put out a pretty magazine. Don't get me wrong, I like the magazine but in publishing you need revenue from advertisers and a dedicated sales staff. Why don't these new publications see that what's what will keep them in print. They have not put any focus on sales and that's what will make the difference.
We'll see whose all in business at the end of the year. My guess is Living and Inland NW will be the only ones.

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM anonymous wrote:

We will see whose all still in business by the end of the year. It's not hard to put out a pretty magazine and have the ad industry pat each other on the back for their work. But in order to keep it printed every month it has to generate revenue. Sorry, Spokane Metro - if it was really that easy, more people would do it.

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM anonymous wrote:

The proof is in the pudding. And if you're into the 'p' alliteration, the proof is in the published product as well! That's right, Spokane Metro landed two Silver Addy Awards for editorial spreads that graced their second and third issues last year. Looks like others are recognizing!

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM Joseph Johnson wrote:

Mariners28, I love the candid comments. But I gotta tell you the blog WASN'T written by Spokane Metro. It was written by me, SpokaneMan, a huge fan of the magazine. Let me clarify, I'm not trying to take anything away from the other magazines you mentioned. They are all good publications that fill a niche in the Spokane community. I just happen to like the style and content that Spokane Metro provides more than the other publications. It's just one man's opinion. I think it offers a fresh perspective and look that was neededm, and that the other publications couldn't offer. It's sleek, it's hip and I would say that it is well on its way to "earning the respect of this city." I agree that the people of Spokane are smarter than that, which is why they're quickly becoming fans of Spokane Metro.

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM Joseph Johnson wrote:

Nice press release written by Spokane Metro. This is self-promotion at its finest. I've gotten Spokane Metro a few times in the mail for free. It is interesting and worth a flip through, but the praise heaped on it here seems a little excessive. As far as the mention of Spokane needing a city magazine - have you tried Inland NW Homes & Lifestyles? It is a great publication that is put out by the Journal of Business, so it has credibility and a strong history. What about Spokane Coeur d'Alene Living - THE original and best city magazine? I've been paying to get that in my mailbox for the past six years and am so impressed with what I find when I read through it. By far it is the best city publication available in Spokane. Don't forget NW Woman either, which is devoted to all of the great events, stories and news geared toward women. My sister is a faithful reader and likes that magazine. It's fine to want to promote a new publication, but don't wrongly bash the others that are here, established and quality. If you put out a good product you won't have to go to such extremes to TRY to make yours look good. Give yourself some time, put in a little work and earn the respect of this city, rather than writing self-promoting "blog posts." We're smarter than that here.

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM anonymous wrote:

Madman or not, he's pushing out a terrific magazine. One that Spokane is thankful to finally have available. Oh, and did I hear that they were having an issue release party Thursday, March 5, from 6-9 pm at the Montvale Hotel? Scoop that Jimmy Olsen!

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM Joseph Johnson wrote:

What sort of madman would start a print magazine in this economic climate?! That's the nerve of a guy who must live with a pencil behind his ear like some big-city paper editor of yore. Scoop this Jimmy Olsen!

On March 4, 2009 at 12:00 AM anonymous wrote:

801 W Riverside,   Ste 301, Spokane, WA 99201.
Reproduction or use of the contents on this site is prohibited without expressed written consent.
For more information please call 1(888)SPOKANE.

Powered by Simpleview