Lower bottom line? What? I've got your attention now! Lucky for you I'm a nice guy. And with a little research and a good amount of first hand experience I've compiled my "Spokane Top 10 under $10 list." Think David Letterman's Top 10 List but with more practical application for all ages. In no particular order . . .
- Spokane Falls Skyride: Soak up spectacular views of the Spokane River as you drop over Spokane Falls and under the historic Monroe Street Bridge on this 15-minute ride. Adults ($7.25) Children ($4) www.spokaneriverfrontpark.com
- Arbor Crest Summer Concert Series: Picnic on the beautiful grounds of Arbor Crest Wine Cellars while listening to some of the Spokane Region's finest musicians. ($5) *Breathtaking view of the Spokane Valley included in cost. Must be 21 to attend. www.arborcrest.com
- Cat Tales Zoological Park: Tour one of the best zoological training centers in the U.S., which is home to more than 40 big cats, tigers and bears Oh My! Even hand feed a lion or tiger. Adults ($8) Children ($5) www.cattales.org
- Spokane Indians Baseball: Grab a seat at historic Avista Stadium to watch the Spokane Indians, perennial powers of the Northwest League, take the field. Adults ($6) Children ($5) www.spokaneindiansbaseball.com
- Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture: Tour the five rotating galleries, education center and community room of this Smithsonian-affiliated museum nestled in the heart of historic Browne's Addition. Adults ($7) Children ($5) www.northwestmuseum.org
- The Blue Door Theatre: Laugh your butt off at all-improvised, sketch comedy that is energetic, funny and endlessly entertaining at the Inland Northwest's premier improve house. Adults ($9) Children ($7) www.bluedoortheatre.com
- Looff Carrousel: Reach for the brass ring as you take a ride on the 1909 Looff Carrousel. And yes, your math is correct; the carrousel is celebrating its 100th Anniversary this year. Adults ($1.50) Children ($0.75) www.spokaneriverfrontpark.com
- Laser Quest: Get the adrenaline pumping with an intense game of laser tag! General admission ($8)
- Mobius kids, a children's museum: Bring your kids and prepare to learn something new at Mobius, a hands-on interactive museum for children and their families. General admission ($5.75) www.mobiusspokane.org
- Spokane Shock: Catch arena football at its finest, as the two-time league champion Spokane Shock put the smack down on their opponents. ($8) www.spokaneshock.com
Who said you can't have fun on a budget? And just think; this is only a taste of what you can do. And these are only my suggestions. What do you have to add to the list?