Visit Spokane Tourism Awards
Visit Spokane is pleased to facilitate the annual presentation of a variety of Tourism Awards honoring excellence in the Spokane region's travel and tourism industry.
* Rising Star Award
- Lyndsey DuBrock, La Rive Spa at Northern Quest Resort & Casino
* Spirit of the Inland Northwest - Small Business
- HUB Sports Center
* Spirit of the Inland Northwest - Large Business
- DAA Northwest
* Exceptional Small Event
- Red, White & No-Li Small Batch Festival
* Exceptional Large Event
- Washington State Chinese Lantern Festival
* Leadership Excellence in Tourism
– Barb Beddor & Toby Steward, Star USA
With one exception (the Leadership Excellence in Tourism award), the awards are determined by a process that begins with the announcement of specific categories.
* It is an "open nomination" process that anyone can take part in.
* After a specified time, nominations are closed.
* A panel of judges, organized by Visit Spokane from Visit Spokane's membership, then evaluates the nominations and, ultimately, votes.
* Award nominees and recipients are announced at Visit Spokane's annual meeting.
* Award recipients are presented with their awards during the annual meeting.
* The Leadership Excellence in Tourism award is determined by a vote of the Visit Spokane Board of Directors. This award honors significant achievement and historically significant contribution by a person (or persons) who has impacted Spokane's tourism industry for more than 10 years.