With a variety of transportation options available, travel planning for a Spokane convention is convenient and easy. Spokane International Airport is one of the Top 10 Most Efficient U.S. Airports. Once you arrive, the airport is only a few minutes’ drive from the Spokane Convention Center, located right downtown.
In addition to air travel, meeting attendees can easily reach Spokane via car or train. And once you’re here, you’ll be able to walk everywhere. Our compact Convention District is situated in the heart of downtown Spokane’s shopping, dining and entertainment hub.
Read on for more detailed information on Spokane’s travel options.
Spokane International Airport makes traveling to Spokane a breeze.
- Airport located just eight miles west of the Spokane Convention Center and downtown area via I-90.
- 100 daily flights (5000+ seats), 28 direct and connecting cities, 548 domestic one-stop connections and 29 international one-stop connections.
- Ground Transportation Center provides shuttles, limos and vans.
- Taxi fare from the airport to downtown Spokane costs roughly $20. Lyft and Uber available as well.
- Eight rental car companies available, including Avis, Enterprise and Hertz.
- Many local hotels provide complimentary shuttle service to and from the airport.
- Take a look at our flight maps to see all the different ways to fly into Spokane.
Spokane’s location in eastern Washington is easily accessible by car from major cities around the Northwest.
- I-90 connects Spokane directly to several cities, including Seattle (4 hours), Missoula, Montana (3 hours) and Coeur d’Alene, Idaho (40 minutes).
- Other routes include US 195 from the south and US 395 from the southwest or north.
- Meeting attendees driving to Spokane might also want to build in time to explore the region’s natural beauty.
- Drive along the pristine wetlands of the Turnbull Wildlife Refuge, or check out the 32-Mile City Drive, a tour of local attractions and scenic views.
Travelling by Train
Traveling by train is one of the easiest ways to get to Spokane, and allows time for travelers to relax, enjoy the scenery or take care of some business.
- The Spokane Amtrak Passenger station is located in the heart of downtown within walking distance of the Spokane Convention Center and several meeting hotels.
- Daily trips from Portland, Seattle, Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis–St. Paul.
Once meeting attendees arrive in Spokane, it’s simple to get around thanks to our pedestrian-friendly downtown.