The Maxwell House building was built in 1905 to originally house the Canada Grocery & Market store and E.J. Dunton Plumbing company. In 1933, prohibition ended and in 1934 the Maxwell House became a tavern and restaurant. It holds the oldest legal liquor license in Spokane Washington. There have only been 5 owners in its history with the last being Rich and Kay Culnane who ran the Maxwell House successfully for 50 years. Ethan Higa and Alex Springer took over in January and plan to carry on the great tradions of this Spokane staple. The Maxwell House is known for its Broasted Chicken and house made soup, along with friendly service.
- Bars & Grills