The Modern Theater, was effective as of November 03, 2014. It is made up of these former organizations The Lake City Playhouse in Coeur d'Alene and Interplayers Professional Theatre in Spokane. Each venue will be named The Modern Theater and designated by its location: The Modern Theater Spokane and The Modern Theater Coeur d'Alene.
The non-profit company consists of a Board of Directors, as well as full and part-time staff members. Nearly 150 artistic contractors/employees and over 200 volunteers contribute annually to the institution's success. Furthermore, the ever-growing subscriber base is the largest it has been since the 1980's.
The Modern Theater is a 501(c)(3) non-profit theater company in the Inland Northwest. Our purpose is to present theater that reflects exceptional standards in production, education, and entertainment. While supplying professional performers a quality environment to explore their craft, we aim to involve the community and provide training/education for children, teens, and adults.
• Produce at least fourteen main-stage productions per season as well as other special events related to the theatrical arts ◦Shows will be comprised of a mix of paid performers as well as volunteer artists
◦National, regional, and local talent is contracted
• Maintain two venues: ◦One 160-seat auditorium with proscenium stage in Coeur d'Alene
◦One 250-seat auditorium with extended thrust stage in Spokane
• Support local visual artists by providing gallery space in the Gelhorn Gallery located in our Spokane venue
• Produce year-round academic opportunities ◦Voice, dance, and acting to include a summer intensive program taught by professional educators and artists
• Collaborate with other performing arts organizations in the region