One Day Adventures in Spokane Valley
Up in the Air Adventures
- Start the day with a scenic helicopter tour of Spokane Valley and surrounding lakes via White Rabbit Heli tours or Inland Helicopters at Felts Field, or contact Avian Balloon flights to enjoy a tour by air a slower pace.
- Enjoy lunch at Skyway Café at Felts Field (while watching the helicopters and small planes come and go).
- Head east through Spokane Valley to experience a breathtaking view of a natural conifer forest via Mica Moon Zip Line tours (open April through October)
- Enjoy a local brew and dinner at one of Spokane Valley’s many breweries, including: Twelve String Brewing, Badass Backyard Brewing, V-Twin Brewing, English Setter, and Hopped Up.
Valley History and Shopping Extravaganza
- Plan a visit to Spokane Valley Heritage Museum (open 11-4, Wed through Sat) to learn about the region’s rich history. Their collections of historical photographs are amazing.
- Enjoy lunch at Dave’s Bar and Grill, just a half block from the Museum.
- Shop the unique boutiques and second-hand stores along Sprague Avenue (great deals to be had) or swing into the Spokane Valley Mall to access some national retailers that you will find in the Valley.
- Rest your legs in the evening while sampling some Washington wines at Ambrosia Bistro and Wine Bar, Twigs Bistro and Martini Bar, or Vintage Vines Wine Bar – all located in Spokane Valley.
Winter: Ski adventures combined with Indoor Fun
- Begin with breakfast or lunch at Cottage Café, a local favorite and old school American eatery.
- If snow levels permit, enjoy a cross country ski at Dishman Hills Natural Area or along the Appleway and Centennial trails. If you prefer to downhill ski, Mt. Spokane Ski and Snowboard Park is a short 45-minute drive north.
- For an indoor winter activity – visit the Spokane Valley Escape room, attend a local Sip’n Paint class, or paint your own dish at Polka Dot Pottery. Multiple businesses offer these opportunities in the Valley.
Summer: Two great views – Dishman Hills and Indians Baseball
- Begin with breakfast or lunch at Cottage Café, a local favorite, old school American eatery.
- Enjoy a scenic hike at Dishman Hills Natural Area (and earn a beautiful view of the valley as you near the top of the hill).
- Cool down with a tasty treat from Pete & Belle’s Ice Cream Shop or the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory.
- Cheer on the Spokane Indians Class A minor league baseball team at Avista Stadium. Games are scheduled June through early September.