2017 Holiday Wine Festival
Spokane’s Cork District Holiday Wine Fest is the premier wine event of the Fall in the region. This three day event starts Friday, November 17th and continues through Sunday, November 19th. All wineries are open from noon to 5:00pm each day. Most are open longer hours.
Our Holiday Wine Fest is a great time to explore the local, regional and national award winning wines available right here in Spokane. In addition to the great wines, many of the tasting rooms will have new releases, food pairings, music and art.
Here is a rundown of tasting room activities:
V du V Wines
We will continue to feature our Syrah case sale, with all Syrah from 2006 through 2011 on sale by the case at 50% off, which equates to $8.50 to $11.00 per bottle. We will be featuring three new releases, 2014 Malbec, 2013 Cabernet Franc and 2013 Merlot.
Anyone signing up for our wine club during the weekend will receive a bonus bottle of 2003 Merlot along with their three wine club selections. Members receive free tastings, 10% off all product purchases (20% by the case) and special access to new releases.
Barrister Winery and Tasting Room
Holiday Wine Fest is Barrister’s New Release Weekend. We are releasing our limited production 2014 Bacchus Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon and our 2014 Bacchus Vineyard Syrah. In addition, we will be sampling our award winning Rough Justice and Cabernet Franc.
We will be pairing our new wines with an array of cheeses, dips, artisanal breads and, of course, our signature chocolate truffles.
Cougar Crest Estate Winery
Cougar Crest will be pouring a vertical tasting of 2011 Cabernet France, 2012 Cabernet Franc, and a 2013 Cabernet Franc, all award winning wines. Tasting fee of $10.00 covers tastes of 8-9 wines. Tasting fee waived with bottle purchase.
Robert Karl Cellars
We’re releasing the 2014 Claret and 2014 Cabernet Sauvignon and featuring Spokane-based photographer, Mike DeCesare's rich and sumptuous images of nature's elements. Handcrafted bead work jewelry by Sue Olsen and Suzi Bender
We will be releasing a 2013 Dionysus Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, "Best Of Class" in Sunset Magazine's 2017 Wine Competition. We will also be releasing our 2015 Columbia Valley Red Wine.
We will be introducing cheese to our food service and have wine and cheese parings available. We will offer a Thanksgiving special, our two best Thanksgiving wines, dry Riesling and Grenache, for $40, $34.50 for wine club members.
Arbor Crest Wine Cellars
- Special Wine Flights
- Snacks & Tapas
- Friday and Saturday music by KOSH, 5:30pm-7:30pm, free admission
Nodland Cellars is doing a case sale of our Bebop white wine, only $99 per case. Although we are a member’s only winery, we are open to the public for Holiday Wine Festival and will be sampling our hard to get and award winning wines. There is a $5 refundable tasting fee.
Terra Blanca Vintners
Terra Blanca will have a case special and 6-pack special, as well as a list of newly released wines for guests to try for this year’s Holiday Wine Fest.
The case special will feature our newly released 2014 Arch Terrace Triple Threat, which will be 50% off at $150/case. We will also be offering 6-packs of the new 2014 Arch Terrace Triple Threat for just $80
The following wines are new releases that guests will be able to try:
- 2013 Signature Series Batholith
- 2013 Signature Series Merlot
- 2014 Signature Series Block 8 Syrah
- 2013 Signature Series Cabernet Franc
- 2014 Arch Terrace Triple Threat
- 2014 Arch Terrace Syrah
- 2014 Arch Terrace Cabernet Franc
- 2014 Arch Terrace Malbec
We will be releasing our 2014 Cabernet, Sauvignon, 2014 Pinot Noir, and 2014 Syrah. They have been in all new French oak barrels for 2 ½ years. Our specials will be 20% off bottles of our 2013 Pinot Noir and 2013 Syrah.
- 10% of all sales go to 2nd Harvest Food Bank
- Tasting Fee is waived with a donation of $5 of food or more (we will have drop boxes)
Latah Creek Winery
Latah Creek will have a new wine release, our 2015 Carmenere. This is our first-ever Carmenere release.
Our sale is:
- 30% off Rosé of Malbec cases
- 15% off Rosé of Malbec bottles
- 20% off all cases, mix and match ok
- up to 25% off 2012 Ellena's Sangiovese
- 25% off all spices and mulling spice bag
- We will also have a limited amount of homemade stollen bread for sale.
- We will also have all of our holiday decor out, along with tons of pre-made baskets perfect for holiday gifts.
For food, we will have local business Henderson Dip sampling their products. We will also serve a salad, our Hot Spiced Sangiovese, main dish (yet to be determined), and dessert (yet to be determined). Each of these food items will be paired with 2 of our wines.
Bridge Press Cellars
We will be releasing 2013 Merlot, 2013 Malbec and 2014 Evil Queen. Live Music Friday, November 17th, Bill Bozly 5:30 - 8:30 PM. Live Music Saturday, November 18th, Bill Bozly 12:00 - 5:00 PM.
The New Releases:
- 2016 Sauvignon Blanc, a great little wine that will pair perfectly with your Thanksgiving turkey; this one is crisp and fruity.
- 2014 Syrah, a bold and rich Syrah that is a perfect example of why Washington Syrahs are fantastic; buy a few for your holiday parties.
- The Turkey Wine Special. As always, Barili has selected a white and a red that should pair best with your Thanksgiving dinner. This year, those wines are the crisp Sauvignon Blanc and the spicy Merlot. Mix and match a four-pack of these wines for 20% off.
- Renowned Spokane watercolor artist Stan Miller brings an intimate exhibit of his shimmering watercolor to Barili Cellars. Stan's work is known for color, movement, and capturing the moment. Check out his web site at www.stanmiller.net to get a glimpse of his work.
- Spokane's Rustic Reclaim will join us on Saturday, Nov. 18, with beautiful handcrafted wood items, from trays to wine totes to wall hangings. These items will make great holiday gifts. Check out some of the items in advance at https://www.facebook.com/RusticReclaim/.
Va Piano Vineyards
Rose, if we still have some? If so, then we will offer at $12.50/bottle
We can advertise as new releases:
- 2016 French Creek Chardonnay $40
- 2015 Les Collines Syrah $65
- 2015 Portteus Syrah $65
- 2015 Stoney Vine Syrah $65
If they buy all 3 black label syrahs, we could do a special that weekend only for $150/ 3 pack.
We will be featuring our 2012 Helix Syrah | WC Price:$22 // Consumer Price: $25 (regularly $30) and our 2014 Helix Viognier | WC Price: $25 // Consumer Price: $29 (regularly $36)
Join us the the restored Washington Cracker Building. It is a one of a kind pairing of Spokane history and our great wines.
Liberty Lake Wine Cellars
Our new release is the 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve from Red Mountain AVA, $40/bottle
Our sale is 10% off 3 or more bottles of whites and rose's (wine club discounts apply)
Our featured artist is Jim Coleman, local landscape photographer. We'll have jewelry designer Melissa Corey Alysworth from Melissameli Jewelry Design and Sarah Edwards with Sarah Smiles Creations selling her original prints and postcards.
Maryhill Winery's Holiday Open House and Wine Sale takes place this year between November 18 through November 26. (The winery is closed Thanksgiving Day.) Receive up to 50% off select cases and up to 35% off all wine!* online and in our tasting room. Enjoy wine tastings and holiday shopping. Roast your own hot dog and marshmallows on the terrace, weekends only.
*Additional discounts do not apply to wine by the glass, merchandise or case specials.
What are the Holiday Sale discounts?
(Premium Wine Club members save 35% off all wine during the Holiday sale!)
- Purchase 3-5 bottles Save 10%
- Purchase 6-11 bottles Save 15%
- Purchase 12-23 bottles Save 20%
- Purchase 24-47 bottles Save 25%
- Purchase 48 plus bottles Save 30%
Come join us for our Grand Opening Holiday Fest Weekend!
World Class Wine. Northwest Adventure.
Welcome to Spokane’s Cork District! The District is focused in the urban core of downtown Spokane and features fifteen award-winning wineries within walking distance of one other. Better yet, it’s in the midst of our shopping, dining and entertainment districts where you’ll find Broadway plays, James Beard recognized chefs, farm to fork culinary experiences, four-star hotels and the roaring Spokane River Falls in beautiful Riverfront Park.
The District also features two additional wine tasting clusters. A short drive to the northeast you’ll find the Mount Spokane Cluster and just minutes east of downtown, the Spokane Valley Cluster, both featuring award winning wineries.
If you’re into more adventurous pursuits, The Cork District is also just minutes from incredible outdoor adventures from whitewater rafting to cycling, golf, hiking, skiing… well, you get the idea. We invite you to take a moment to explore The Cork District and build your perfect wine getaway!
The Cork District is located in Spokane, WA and is a partnership of wineries and local organizations to promote wine tasting and tourism in Eastern Washington.