Spokane Hoopfest Weekend
Registration, Event Information, Players & Volunteers:
June 23-25, 2017
Attracting more than 250,000 basketball players and fans from around the United States and the globe, the Spokane Hoopfest Association puts on its acclaimed 3-on-3 basketball tournament every summer. Approximately 6,200 teams play 14,000 games across 42 blocks in downtown Spokane.
You don’t have to be a basketballer to enjoy the thrills of Spokane Hoopfest. Sit courtside at one of the 42 basketball courts in downtown Spokane and relish in the fast pace of 3-on-3 basketball among many more cheering fans.
Hoopsfest also attracts some of the greatest basketball players in the country, including former college stars who participate in the event’s Elite Divisions.
Alumni Game - Friday, June 23 at 7 pm
The start of Hoopfest weekend will tip off with the Alumni Game on Friday, June 23 at 7 p.m. at the Spokane Convention Center. Get into the spirit of the tournament by watching basketball alumni from Gonzaga University and the University of Washington play against each other.
See all your favorite college players compete and enjoy a half-time with a skills challenge, 3-point competition, and slam dunk exhibition.
Stay for FanFest after the game with a chance to get player autographs. Plus, don’t miss HOPFEST @ Hoopfest featuring local Spokane craft beer.
Learn more and get tickets here.
Every year Hoopfest is successful because of the 3,000+ volunteers who give their time and love of the game to this basketball tournament in Spokane, Washington. A variety of positions must be filled by volunteers. Learn more about volunteer opportunities at Spokane Hoopfest here.
Players and Divisions
Are you planning to participate in Hoopfest? Assemble your team, lace up your sneakers and prepare for battle.
*Unfortunately, registration for 2017’s event is closed. You’re invited to attend as a fan and spectator and start planning your team for 2018.
Teams can register to compete in the Standard, High School Elite, or Elite Divisions. See all the options below.
- High School
- Family - Team members all must be related to the Team Captain. Participants must submit a family verification form.
- Special Olympics - Special Olympics athletes of all ages and abilities may form teams in this division.
- Unified Division - Players with developmental disabilities participate in this division along with their non-disabled friends or family members. Each team in this division must have at least two players with developmental disabilities. This division is available to those of all ages.
- Wheelchair Division - This division is comprised entirely of participants of all ages who play using wheelchairs.
High School Elite Divisions
- High School Varsity Elite - This division is for the best high school basketball players in the country. Incoming students grades 10-12 are allowed to compete. All teams must be completely comprised of male OR female athletes. These teams will NOT be bracketed according to height or experience.
- Freshman Elite - This division allows promising young basketball players who are entering grade 9 in the fall to participate. All teams must be completely comprised of male OR female athletes. These teams will NOT be bracketed according to height or experience.
- Men’s 6-Feet and Under
- Men’s Open
Please Note: Each category can hold a maximum of 64 teams. Age, height, and experience level of individual players are not taken into consideration when bracketing these divisions. All Elite Division teams must wear coordinated uniforms.
Find more information regarding Hoopfest divisions and categories here.
Rules and Regulations
3-on-3 street basketball is not bound by the rules and restraints of indoor basketball, however, Hoopfest does have its own set of rules and regulations to ensure everyone’s safety. Find them here.
Even the most avid basketball fan needs a break sometimes. Head to Riverfront Park for food, games and more.
Outside of Hoopfest, enjoy everything that the Spokane region has to offer! We've got great restaurants, tons of shopping, beautiful parks, an ale trail and more. Check out our Things to Do page for a full list.
You can book a room by visiting our Hotels page to find a list of local accommodations.